Friday 26 October 2012

Research into Chosen Artist


My chosen artist is LMFAO and my interests within this artist is their style of dance and 'party atmosphere' they portray in their very successful music videos. Their dance style is very similar to what young people do today, this helps their audience to connect with them as they see them in something they find fun and will want to go out and do. When I was watching their music videos I knew that this would be all the inspiration for wanting to recreate it. I think that making the video would be very fun and enjoyable as I like the dance in the video and as I am in a group of peers that I like and enjoy spending time with, I believe we will have lots of fun making the video. 

LMFAO are an American duo originally from Los Angeles, California. Redoo (Stefan Kendal Gordy, left) is Skyblu's (Skyler Austen Gordy, right) uncle and they formed the group in 2006 and declared that they are on hiatus. They began their career in 2007 as part of the electro club scene and started to create a local buzz. They were then signed to Interscope/will.i.am Music, the manager Neil Jacobson said their demo records sounded like finished records so little artist development was needed. They the later released their first track, "I'm In Miami Bitch" and then their first album, "Party Rock" in 2009.



I found this information on Wikipedia and the table shows the sales and chart peaks of their albums.


I found this information from Wikipedia and the table shows the sales and chart peaks of their singles.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8rcLvS1BY










1 comment:

  1. Within this post you also need to analyse two music videos to show understanding of the codes and conventions of your chosen artist. This research will then assist you with planning your own music video.

    ReplyDelete